Hello there, guest! Please Login or Register to obtain full access to the website. If you prefer, you can use the alternative login box.Current time: 11-25-2014, 05:35 PM
Background: on/off

Search:
Full Search
[-]

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sonic FC's Going Hentai Mainstream??
Keryo Wolfe Offline
nWo 4 Life, chico!!
Full Members

Sonic FC's Going Hentai Mainstream??
Not really a question I'm posing, more like a thought based on something that was said to me the other day.

Now I don't think this has to be said about a few FCs given that they gotten the attention of the pervs, but I believe at this point of the game, more and more FCs are starting to get more and more attention. And not just the female ones.
Yesterday, I was on Second Life, getting ready for my usual Saturday DJ gig at FurPleasure. As I was setting up, several club patrons noticed me and asked what I was. Since I was sporting my FC, I gave a brief description of my char. They were quite intrigued, and also stated that they were big Sonic fans. A couple of them even said that Fang the Sniper definitely needs more hentai exposure. Apparently, these people haven't seen Mobius Unleashed. A few of them even asked if they could draw my FC. I said sure, why not? One of them had some yaoi ideas in store for my character. Usually, I'm never up for putting my character through that kind of thing (Unless it meant getting Keryo into Project X), but the response K-Wolfe was getting, was flattering, so I let her go ahead as long as it was in good taste.

It made me realize that Rule 34 is starting to go into full effect. Now literally anything that exists gets the treatment, and the fact that this happened to me, is a testament to that fact. Sonic FCs are becoming an integral part of the Sonic Universe, despite not being part of the games, and it prides me to see that the world is definitely paying attention.

[Image: KeiroStarr.jpg]
Sonic Hentai Machinima Gallery
^Submit to this Gallery And Support It^
04-10-2011 01:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Teh Foreigner Offline
"AMMAGONFLARFLOO!"
Banned

RE: Sonic FC's Going Hentai Mainstream??
As long as an character is design good enough,and made various attempts to be popular,good Sonic Fans will jump around the character like a kangaroo. =w= Sometimes,the popularity of a character goes up because it sucks so much,it's funny. =P

Like Sonichu,Blade The Hedgehog..
04-10-2011 01:44 PM
Frostbite Away
Heavy Metal Aficionado
Frostbite (Admin)

Well, that's partially in thanks to social networking and the spreading of people's work on different websites. Nobody's characters would be able to receive any form of notoriety if they didn't give them any exposure. But of course, as artists and creative people, we fear criticism like a virus infection, so we feel that if we don't create an adequate character, how is he or she supposed to get noticed? It can't happen.

But even so, I say SEGA and Sonic Team have since realized that their efforts to make a new character that's actually good have been in vain for the most part (I'm looking at you, Chip...), then obviously they should take advantage of the situation and accept well-designed fan-characters. Those who are fans seem to understand the concept of Sonic speed and character development better than they do Everyone knows how much people clamor for fan-service when it comes to Sonic. It's one of the most requested things when it comes to fan-service; but do they listen? So it's only fair that Sonic Team drops the ball on trying to make new characters, and accept some fan-characters for once. Not saying they should go nuts and pick up every single fan-character they approve because the fans want them to, nor should they try to squeeze the character's story into the canon because that's bound to cause mind farts everywhere across the Sonic fanbase; but if they're popular enough among Sonic fans alike and even those who aren't Sonic fans, they very well may get some exposure by Sonic Team.

I mean, I've tried to submit one of my older fan-characters to SEGA of America in the hopes that they would accept her and possibly implement her story in her own mini-issue in the comics. Screw the games. I'd take my chances with that on my own. But since I've made Olmeca, Aurora, and others that I take pride in, I just hope that I get recognized for my efforts and I get hinted at for a character submission from SEGA. I know all fans want their characters to be recognized by SEGA and Sonic Team, but it doesn't happen so easily as they think. I know, I've tried.

Frostbite
Site Guardian, RPer & Writer
[Image: bannernergalbehemoth.jpg]
ShadowyBeing Wrote:ยป (del) ShadowyBeing - 16:26 -- Okay, seriously, I think the best imagery statement for a forum crashing yet is "the site was choking on its own cock". Brilliant.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2011 01:50 PM by Frostbite.)
04-10-2011 01:46 PM
The Other Half Offline
Site Sociologist/Psychologist
Elite Members

Sega will never use fan-submitted characters. They'd have to deal with copyright laws, usage rights and royalties.
04-10-2011 03:57 PM
Find all posts by this user
ViViRose Offline
Fab Fashionista
Administrators

*wistful sigh* A fan can dream... Smile

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3142]
04-10-2011 05:59 PM
BlackSonic Away
USI BAKA! SHINEH!
Banned

*Sigh* indeed....
04-11-2011 12:43 AM
Thread Closed