Hello there, guest! Please Login or Register to obtain full access to the website. If you prefer, you can use the alternative login box.Current time: 02-20-2018, 09:41 PM
Background: on/off

Search:
Full Search
[-]

StH Giantess Game Project
{MOH}Midnavi Offline
㊌The Wicked Witch
Honorary Ex-Staff Group

RE: StH Giantess Game Project
(09-21-2015 08:01 PM)lazor Wrote:  Getting a Pac Man/Marble Madness vibe.
Likewise. I'm seeing similarities of Sonic Labyrinth and Marble Madness with a touch of cat-and-mouse. For a Game Maker demo, it's not that bad. The A.I. is pretty stock but I don't think there needs to be a focus in that department. I see a ranking system as well, which I think that takes getting to know the program to pull off.

If you are looking for a Sprite Artist, what is your graphical focus? Are you looking for a consistent sphere Sonic or on-foot? Also, are you going for sprite-rip? If so, then all you need is someone with animation Know-How on Game Maker.
02-05-2016 05:59 PM
(timezones not specified)
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Karasu_Tomoe Offline
Full Members

"Consistent sphere"?

What I'm looking for right now are actual character animations for the all player characters (i.e. Idle, walk, run, jump, etc.) Basically, I need to start replacing all those "orb" place-holder images.

Due to the isometric nature, I don't know if any sprite-rips are going to do the trick here; otherwise, I probably would've went that route a long time ago.

As you can see, still images (such as all the giantess attack splashes) are simple enough for me to do on my own. But actual animations, as I'm starting to realize, are a whole fuckin' different ball game, regardless of size. O_o. Isometric animations are even more complex. I've actually gotten some work done on Sonic, but eh... not really happy with how it's turning out. I dunno if maybe I'm depending too much on vector lines, or what.

In any case, I've been just swamped with this. If I wasn't always dead exhausted from my job, or just simply had more time in the day, I'd probably be able to accomplish a lot more... :/
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2016 06:28 PM by Karasu_Tomoe.)
02-05-2016 06:26 PM
{MOH}Midnavi Offline
㊌The Wicked Witch
Honorary Ex-Staff Group

The laymen term for "consistent sphere Sonic" is = always a ball sonic
Like you see in Sonic Spinball for example. It's simple but could be easier to work with on an isometric perspective.

I'm still getting some word around about a Spriter. I found one though but I still need to give him details on it all. I'd like to see some progress. Smile
02-06-2016 10:47 AM
Karasu_Tomoe Offline
Full Members

Ok, well... I don't think "consistent sphere" is going to fly with this project. Sounds to me like more of a shortcut than anything.

what I'm looking for is 8-directional "on-foot" sprites, something like in Sonic 3D Blast, but with more of a Sonic Advance art style.
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2016 01:33 AM by Karasu_Tomoe.)
05-05-2016 01:30 AM